Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group and will be governed by the laws of Ghana.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do.
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- Treat all students, potential students, and parents with the utmost respect and patience, which includes never speaking harshly to them or raising your voice to them.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
- Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
- Primarily responsible for English Proficiency Programme (EPP), English for Academic Purpose Programme (EAP) and Critical Thinking modules
- Supporting students to strengthen skills in academic reading, writing, critical thinking, listening and note-taking
- Providing 1:1 consultation for students on a drop-in or appointment basis
- Providing guidance and support to students to improve study skills/habits
- Discussing skills such as time management, study strategies, successfully manoeuvring the university environment and related topics
- Present academic skill workshops
- Create materials such as bulletin boards, handouts, and/or other products to promote student academic success
- Providing guidance and support to students to improve learner skills such as time management and revision strategies
- Developing relevant and student-centric strategies and materials to promote academic success and increase the visibility of the Academic Success Centre, both online and through the LUG community.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree preferably MPhil. degree in English from reputable tertiary institution
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification relevant working experience in Higher Education Institution (HEI).
- Relevant experience in the development of teaching and learning materials and the delivery of academic skills and writing workshops.
- Sound working knowledge of IT (especially Office applications) and use of the Internet
- Excellent administration, communication and presentation skills
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Interest to [email protected] and mention Academic Skills Lecturer in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Application Deadline||24th July, 2022|
|Job Location||Accra, Ghana|
|Minimum Education||Master's Degree|