Experienced teacher/instructor/lecturer required to teach accounting subjects include: Introduction to Accounting, Financial Accounting, and Cost Analysis for Decision making, Financial Reporting, Business Process and Internal Controls, Auditing and Assurance, Company Accounting, Accounting Behaviour and Controls and Accounting for Managers.
Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group Middle East and will be governed by the laws of the UAE.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do.
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- Treat all students, potential students, and parents with the utmost respect and patience, which includes never speaking harshly to them or raising your voice to them.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
- Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Responsibility to assist in the development and teaching accounting units in Curtin University,
- The conduct of lectures tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and student field excursions
- Initiation and development of subject material
- Unit coordination
- Marking and Assessment
- Consultation with Students
- Undertake administrative functions as required under the direction of the Management, Head of School and PVC
- Attendance at departmental and/or faculty meetings and/or membership of a number of committees
- Work with staff in connection with teaching and learning issues
- At least 5 years teaching experience in a university
- Specialist in one or more: Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Cost management, Public Accounting, Taxation or Auditing are desirable.
- Preferable a track record of publications in ABDC indexed journals and publications no older than five years)/ presenting research within your subject areas in ranked journals and conferences
- A high level of written and oral communication skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrated high quality experience in teaching and/or industry and evidence of continuing personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with student in a variety of learning contexts.
- Experience of working with diverse range of students.
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Minimum Education||A relevant degree; PhD or nearly completed Doctorate in the field of Accounting or related fields|