Experienced teacher/instructor/lecturer required to teach accounting subjects include: Finance Principles, Financial Instruments and Markets, Business Financial Modelling, International Finance, Financial Statement Analysis, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, Derivative Securities & Australian Tax.
Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group Middle East and will be governed by the laws of the UAE.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do.
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- Treat all students, potential students, and parents with the utmost respect and patience, which includes never speaking harshly to them or raising your voice to them.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
- Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the following:
- Responsibility to assist in the development and teaching accounting units in Curtin University,
- The conduct of lectures tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and student field excursions
- Initiation and development of subject material
- Unit coordination
- Marking and Assessment
- Consultation with Students
- Undertake administrative functions as required under the direction of the Management, Head of School and PVC
- Attendance at departmental and/or faculty meetings and/or membership of a number of committees
- Work with staff in connection with teaching and learning issues
- And also the expectation of contributing to the marketing activities for TAG.
- A relevant degree; PhD or nearly completed Doctorate in the field of Finance or related fields
- At least 5 years teaching experience in a university
- Preferable a track record of publications in ABDC indexed journals and publications no older than five years)/ presenting research within your subject areas in ranked journals and conferences
- A high level of written and oral communication skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrated high quality experience in teaching and/or industry and evidence of continuing personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with student in a variety of learning contexts
- Experience of working with diverse range of students
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours.
Applicants are required to indicate as part of their application the subject areas they are capable of teaching and submit curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
|Minimum Education||PhD or nearly completed Doctorate in the field of Finance|
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|