We are seeking for a dynamic, personable and experienced Head of School of Business & Humanities for our campus in Dubai. Along with strong academic leadership, a strong attention to detail and concern for student and staff well-being is desired.
Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group Middle East and will be governed by the laws of the UAE.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do.
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- Treat all students, potential students, and parents with the utmost respect and patience, which includes never speaking harshly to them or raising your voice to them.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
- Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitate three or four units every trimester
- Play an integral role in the Research Committee, Teaching and Learning Committee, Exco, and Academic Board
- Actively participate in interviews and the selection process for academic staff within the School
- Recommend appropriate teaching allocations within the School
Conduct Staff observations and performance appraisals
- Devise and implement training for academic staff that are relevant to their respective discipline
- Mentor new academic staff members within the School
- Establish and maintain agreements/partnerships with relevant professional societies and industry contacts
- Organize industry visits and/or lectures/seminars/workshops from professionals in relevant fields
- Consistently produce quality research and participate in relevant conferences as a representative of CU Dubai
- Ensure all School activities are carried out to the highest possible standard and ensure the successful daily operations of all units within the School
- Liaise with the home campus on academic matters
- Detect and counsel at-risk students and refer students to the Student Success Centre as necessary
- Conduct Peer Review of Educational Practice and de-brief sessions for all academic staff within the School
- Participate in the Board of Examiners
- Produce an analysis of units once a trimester (after the BOE) which highlights units with high failure rates and implement strategies for improvement
- Analyze student feedback, conduct student satisfaction reviews, and address the concerns with the relevant departments
- Support the Marketing Team with branding and recruitment activities pertaining to the School
- Support the Admissions Teams with counselling perspective students and participation in recruitment activities
- An earned PhD in Marketing or a closely related field
- At least 5 years teaching experience in a university
- A track record of publications in ABDC indexed journals with several publications within the past five years and presenting research within your subject area in ranked journals and conferences
- A high level of written and oral communication skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrated high quality experience in teaching and/or industry and evidence of continuing personal and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with student in a variety of learning contexts
- Experience working with a diverse range of students
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours when required
- Ability to travel to other Curtin campuses, particularly Perth, Western Australia, when required
Applicants are required to indicate as part of their application the subject areas they are capable of teaching and submit curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
|Minimum Education||An earned PhD in Marketing or a closely related field|
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|