Experienced lecturer / Senior lecturer / Associate professor (ALB – ALD) to teach in one or more of the following fields: Cyber Security Concepts, Cyber Crime, Security Enhanced Programming, Cyber Security Intrusion Detection System, and / or Incident Handling.
Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group Middle East and will be governed by the laws of the UAE.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do.
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- Treat all students, potential students, and parents with the utmost respect and patience, which includes never speaking harshly to them or raising your voice to them.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
- Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the development of course material
- Conducting lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and student field excursions
- Unit coordination including assignment moderation
- Marking and Assessment Invigilation
- Consultation with Students
- Undertaking administrative functions as required under the direction of the Head of School or PVC
- Attendance at departmental and/or faculty meetings and/or membership on a number of committees
- Working with the Student Success Centre on student teaching and learning issues
- Participation in school and industry outreach
- Contributing to the marketing activities for the campus
- An earned PhD or Masters in Computer Science
- One or more of the following certifications:
1.System Defence: at least one of GCWN, GCUX or CREST
2.Traffic Analysis: GCIH, GCIA or FOR572
3.Penetration Testing: GPEN, GWAPT, OSCP or CREST
4.Exposure on open source solutions such as Security Onion or OSSEC
5.CCAI Certified (desirable)
- Has good understanding of ISO27000 Information Security Standard and NIST’s Cyber Security Framework and other Cyber Security Standards
- Practical experience of Penetration Testing
- Practical knowledge of topics like SQLi and XSS injection and fix, numeric overflow exploitation in Java, Secure programming in C, x64 stack overflow exploitation, Secure Programming in C and Java
- Thorough knowledge of security protocols and cryptography
- Practical knowledge of Wireshark, Snort and other networking tools
- Relevant industry experience
- Membership in a related professional body
Applicants are required to indicate as part of their application the subject areas they are capable of teaching and submit curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
|Minimum Education||An earned PhD or Masters in Computer Science|
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|