Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group Middle East and will be governed by the laws of the UAE.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
You will be responsible for a large portion of the business’s online presence. You would be expected to have a grasp of the sales and marketing funnels in terms of lead generation and nurturing. You would also be responsible to raise brand awareness and create student preference for our University partners in the online space & support the execution of the University Marketing Strategy, under the direction of the Student Recruitment & Marketing Managers.
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
Purpose of the Position :
To undertake a range of professional tasks for the university library, proactively seeking and developing new ways to provide resources, services and facilities to support learning, teaching, and research. They may also develop and deliver information
literacy education, provide specialist support for information resource access, supervise and train other library staff, and provide specialist support for library clients; primarily students and staff.
- Determine clients’ information needs in learning, teaching, and research, and provide feedback to the PVC and CEO on
the potential of new services and emerging technologies to meet these needs.
- Liaise with staff at the main Robertson Library located on the Bentley campus
- Develop innovative information services and guides using leading technology and assist clients in their use.
- Provide a dynamic advisory service to clients on matters relating to learning, teaching, and research, using a wide range
- Develop and deliver creative education resources in a variety of formats in consultation with key stakeholders, including
academic and professional staff.
- Develop and maintain the Library’s collections by
identifying and evaluating new information resources
advising on the best format for their acquisition (e.g. online, print)
managing access issues (e.g. licensing, copyright)
reviewing currently held resources to maintain relevance
- Determine the texts needed for units being offered at the campus, acquire the appropriate number of copies, and facilitate
students purchasing the texts.
- In collaboration with the Bentley campus contribute towards the development of, and delivery of, a range of services to
support researchers, including the institutional repository, research data management, metrics, and scholarly publishing.
- With the support of the Bentley campus provide support in copyright compliance activities, including institutional
reporting, monitoring the effectiveness of compliance measures, and providing best practice advice.
- In conjunction with the main Robertson library enhance access to scholarly information resources through developing and
maintaining the Library’s discovery services, archival arrangement, cataloguing, metadata and the use of appropriate technology (e.g. journal linking software, web tools etc.).
- Contribute to strategic initiatives, operational planning, working parties and teams.
- Train, co-ordinate and supervise staff as required.
- Develop and maintain procedures, documentation, and relevant records for assigned roles and tasks.
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the
accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
- Completion of a professional qualification in librarianship.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of scholarly information resources and the ability to access, organize and work with these resources regardless of format.
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a range of diverse groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team situation and the ability to co-ordinate team activities or project work.
- Demonstrated time management skills i.e. the ability to plan work outcomes and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexible and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated digital skills in using a range of software and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in the day-to-day supervision of a small team.
- Experience as a trainer.
|Minimum Education||Bachelors Degree|
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|