Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group Middle East and will be governed by the laws of the UAE.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do.
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- Treat all students, potential students, and parents with the utmost respect and patience, which includes never speaking harshly to them or raising your voice to them.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
- Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Determine students’ information needs in learning, teaching, and research, and provide feedback to the PVC and CEO on the potential of new services and emerging technologies to meet these needs.
- Liaise with staff at the main Robertson Library located on the Bentley campus.
- Develop innovative information services and guides using leading technology and assist clients in their use.
- Provide a dynamic advisory service to clients on matters relating to learning, teaching, and research, using a wide range of technologies.
- Develop and deliver creative education resources in a variety of formats in consultation with key stakeholders, including academic and professional staff.
- Develop and maintain the Library’s collections by identifying and evaluating new information resources; advising on the best format for their acquisition (e.g. online, print); managing access issues (e.g. licensing, copyright); reviewing currently held resources to maintain relevance
- Determine the texts needed for units being offered at the campus, acquire the appropriate number of copies, and facilitate students purchasing the texts.
- In collaboration with the Bentley campus contribute towards the development of, and delivery of, a range of services to support researchers, including the institutional repository, research data management, metrics, and scholarly publishing.
- With the support of the Bentley campus provide support in copyright compliance activities, including institutional reporting, monitoring the effectiveness of compliance measures, and providing best practice advice.
- In conjunction with the main Robertson library enhance access to scholarly information resources through developing and maintaining the Library’s discovery services, archival arrangement, cataloguing, metadata and the use of appropriate technology (e.g. journal linking software, web tools etc.).
- Contribute to strategic initiatives, operational planning, working parties and teams.
- Train, co-ordinate and supervise staff as required.
- Develop and maintain procedures, documentation, and relevant records for assigned roles and tasks.
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
- Completion of a professional qualification in librarianship
- Minimum two years’ experience preferably in the higher education field.
- Fluent in English. Arabic is a plus.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Excellent research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Dynamic, energetic, self-motivated & result oriented.
- Team player, flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of scholarly information resources and the ability to access, organise and work with these resources regardless of format.
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a range of diverse groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team situation and the ability to co-ordinate team activities or project work.
- Demonstrated time management skills i.e. the ability to plan work outcomes and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexible and innovative approach to problem solving.Demonstrated digital skills in using a range of software and platforms.
|Job Category||Teaching and Learning|
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Minimum Education||Bachelors Degree|