Experienced lecturer / Senior lecturer / Associate professor (ALB – ALD) to teach in one or more of the following units: Introduction to Media, Academic & Professional Communication, Culture to Culture, Web Communication, Introduction to Journalism, Web Media & Online Games, Play and Gamification, Engaging Media, Social Media, Communities and Networks, Digital Culture and Everyday Life, Writing in the Web, and / or Asian Media in Transition.
Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group Middle East and will be governed by the laws of the UAE.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do.
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- Treat all students, potential students, and parents with the utmost respect and patience, which includes never speaking harshly to them or raising your voice to them.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
- Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the following:
- Contextualising course material
- Conducting lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and student field excursions
- Marking and assessment invigilation
- Consultation with students
- Undertaking administrative functions as required under the direction of the Head of School or PVC
- Attendance at departmental and/or faculty meetings
- Working with the Student Success Centre on student teaching and learning issues
- An earned Masters or PhD in Media or relevant field.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrated high quality experience in teaching and/or industry and evidence of continuing personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with student in a variety of learning contexts
- Experience working with a diverse range of students
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Relevant industry experience
- Membership in a related professional body
Applicants are required to indicate as part of their application the subject areas they are capable of teaching and submit curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Minimum Education||Masters or PhD in Media or relevant field|