Experienced lecturer / Senior lecturer / Associate professor (ALB – ALD) to teach in one or more of the following units: Mobile and Cloud Computing, Data Structures and Algorithms, Unix & C Programming, and /or Unix Systems Programming.
Please note that your employment will be with Transnational Academic Group Middle East and will be governed by the laws of the UAE.
TAG’s Overarching Responsibilities
- Demonstrate the TAG culture of loyalty, integrity, and quality in everything that you do.
- Treat every member of the team with respect.
- Treat all students, potential students, and parents with the utmost respect and patience, which includes never speaking harshly to them or raising your voice to them.
- If you see something that needs done and you can do it, then do it. If it is something you can’t do, then tell someone who can.
- In everything you do, seek to do your best, and give feedback to others to continually improve both our processes and team.
- Remember that we are here to create positive change in the lives of our students and through them, in the world.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the following:
- Contextualising course material
- Conducting lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and student field excursions
- Marking and assessment invigilation
- Consultation with students
- Undertaking administrative functions as required under the direction of the Head of School or PVC
- Attendance at departmental and/or faculty meetings
- Working with the Student Success Centre on student teaching and learning issues
- An earned PhD or master’s in computer science, or related field
Depending on the units selected:
- Mobile and cloud computing technologies and applications
- Cloud computing models
- Cloud computing security and solutions
- Advanced knowledge of the C programming language
- Write and interpret standard C pointer expressions
- Implement C code to dynamically allocate/deallocate memory
- Employ standard Unix/C tools to diagnose program faults
- Good knowledge of python
- Describe the features of the UNIX/Linux Operating System, the kernel, the shell, and resources management
- Develop and analyse systems level programs and describe how they are executed by the UNIX/Linux kernel
- Devise programs and incorporate scripts into the UNIX/Linux operating system environment to perform specific systems and administration tasks
- Relevant industry experience
Applicants are required to indicate as part of their application the subject areas they are capable of teaching and submit curriculum vitae and cover letter demonstrating how they meet the criteria.
|Minimum Education||PhD or master’s in computer science|
|Job Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|